Monday, July 27, 2009

Zion National Park

This year, we had a reunion for my mom's side of the family. The Bowers!
The last time i remember us all being together, well besides for grandma bowers funeral, then my mom's funeral, was way back when I was 13-14 years old. We just don't get together that often. It was great. We stayed at Zion Ponderosa some camped, some stayed in their travel trailers, some camped with tents....and it was awesome. they had a big nice pool with fun water slides and a huge barn full of kid activities: Ping pong, rock climbinb, tennis, trampoline, pool, etc. It was great.
We spend one day actually at Zion park. Only took a small hike to the weeping wall. So this huge rock just leaks water pretty much. The water is years and years and years old. Crazy. It was a nice cool off to a hot day. On the way home, i took this picture of Korey, who was SOOOO tired and SOOO fighting it. I finally caught his eyes closed, but they popped right back open...

this.....is just a family thing. there are many pics in the history of our family....with our tongues touching our noses. I thought everyone could do it. Tis not so! Try it.

So.....this picture is....
Leisel-representing my mom
Cynthis-representing uncle Ken, although they been divorced for years, she is and will always be our family
Dave and Linda Su-mom's oldest brother
Susie and Lynn-mom's baby sister
then John and Judy-mom's bro
and Bob and Pat-mom's bro

It was so hot, and Eric tried to be happy following around this strange family to him :) No matter where he went, he always ended up surrounded by our nieces and nephews.

At the pool, he would take turns, sliding down with the kids standing in front of him, and when they got to the edge, he would throw them out into the water. Good times. Looked way fun and kinda hard.


It was great to see family. Of course, it didn't go without 'issues' but what family function does. Love my family. Will see them in TWO years:) for Grandpa Bowers 100th birthday remembrance/celebration.





1 comment:

Nate & Emily said...

Hey! I love Zions- we were just down there not to long ago! Looks like you guys had fun! Oh, and I can totally touch my nose with my tongue... I'm so excited to know others who can too! :)