Monday, July 28, 2008
So the other day, we were outside doing some yard work at the house i rent. Including weed wacking....mowing the lawn....spraying the weeds.....re-planting some things....etc.etc. Well, I went to move the garbage can, so i could spray around it....and I found THIS! The tarantula must have been squished when I moved the can cause his stomach-gooey contents were squished out of him, and his legs still twitching a little. I HATE THESE CREATURES! Talk about heeby-geebies! To think of all the times I've walked out there in the dark with no shoes. Yuck!
So, then we moved to the front porch....where spiders started taking over the corners with webs and such...so after we started spraying, we found two additional wasp nests that were starting (forgot to picture those) and those are on top of the one the landlord already knocked down....and then I took a step out, and found this next right about the entrance. I loved it, though the more I stared at it, the more I swore that mother bird was gonna swoop down and polk my eyes out. The last two days I've seen 2 baby birds up there. So neat.
Another pic, just for fun. So.....lesson learned. One must take a closer look around their home. All sorts of things are awaiting...
Sunday, July 20, 2008
So....Over the 4th, Eric and I went up the mountain and rode quads up to a look out where you could see Eagar. As a family, when I was little we would go to the same spot for a cook out and just to hang out. I miss those days. dutch oven biscuits and Gravy.....MMMMMMMM.
Just a quick glance at the trail we followed. Such a beautiful place.
Here's a not so great picture of us at the top, with Eagar in the background. I had to scrounge for "play" clothes at my mom's. Kinda funny.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
I have always loved the 4th of July. I can only remember a few I have not gone home to Eagar. This time I especially loved it. The weather was nice....we had a small family reunion (which I missed most of....) and I got to bring Eric home to hang out and celebrate Eagar style. I really don't think he was excited to spend his time off with my somewhat crazy family (in a nice, and always doing something, noisy sort of crazy) but he was a good sport anyway. This is a pic of my truck actually being a truck. We took a quad up to Scott and my sister's boat to hit Lyman Lake. My truck was so low. It's not used to working this hard.
Late at night after the kids went to bed, Tom and Eric found some quality time with the Wii. As you can tell by Tom's face....they looked completely goofy, but were seriously loving it!
After spending the 4th watching the parade and rodeo, plus another family BBQ, it was time for the Lyman Lake fireworks. Everyone in the family except Eric, Kameron , and I watched the fireworks from their boats on Lyman. Dunno why, but us 3 decided we would kick it old school in the back of the truck, cuddled up in a blanket and goofing around. kameron is one funny kid. We had some good quality time with him.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
How To Play This Game of Tag:
Post these rules on your blog List:
3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself.
Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!
1. I love my dogs. Everyone says I'm turning into that weird dog lady. Well, all's I can say is, Yes....I guess I am. I'm a bit biased, however I will argue my dogs are the cutest things around. So fun, and funny, and they make me so happy. I mean come on.....I don't have kids yet. Of course then my priorities will change:)
2. I love my job, and when I can finish my day without doubt I have helped someone (which I promise is not everyday), it reminds me why I chose nursing and makes all the crap of each day worth while. Whether its helping someone eat, wiping their nose, listening to them vent, or just ordering them something the "want" to eat. Ok, there are many more details of which I spare the majority of people who cannot stomach it. Bottom line is I have one of the most rewarding yet draining jobs around, and I love it. The reward is absolutely worth the cost.
3. I'm not a great runner, but I really enjoy a good run. By good, I mean a run that I actually lasted more than a mile. And afterwards everything just feels so tired and hurt, yet good. Tight. Sore. Like you just accomplished something.
1. It's kind of morbid and weird, but I have the hugest fear that one day I'm going to come home from work, and my dogs will be dead. My neighbor's dog up and died one day, randomly, and I always hear random stories of coyotes, etc killing animals in back yards. This is definitely something I think about every day.
2. Most people fear losing people they love. I have a unique perscpective on loss. Of course I fear losing more people I love, but I feels like its different. I can't explain it. What i do fear, is becoming old with dementia and my family having to take care of me.
3. I have a major fear, that one day I'm going to become a robot in my job: too comfortable ....and blindly make a horrible mistake that may end someone else's life. The littlest thing could change the path of another family forever. When i think about that...my job is not so fun.
1. To keep going to the gym after I'm finished working with my trainer. I have always wanted to 'fix' a few things on my body...and this time I'm going to.
2. I set a goal once to run a HALF marathon. And I did it. I think I wanna set another goal to do the same. I know you probably think, you ran it once, whats the big deal. Well, for me its a great big mental deal. But....I haven't decided yet. So, it's a maybe goal.
3. I am 27 years old, and I suck at cooking. I have a goal to cook. Plain and simple. Be able to follow a recipe to start...but one day to do my own dabbling in the kitchen. I have already started....but it's gonna be a long road....i can tell.
1. I have a random frog collection, that has actually much slowed down since my mom passed. We had this thing about frogs, and she got them for me all the time. Calendars, Chocolates, Stuffed frogs, frog bank, frog book, frog massager thing....just everything. It was our thing....and i already miss it.
2. Ok....Once again, my dogs. Just flat out in love with them!
3. What to put for #3. Candles....or whatever smells good. Wait, maybe my truck. I'm obsessed with keeping my truck clean...only lately it has gotten the best of me. I hate a messy dirty smelly car.
3 Random Facts About me:
1. I have a love hate relationship with JohnJay and Rich. They tend to be absolutely corny at times, but I can't quit listening to them.
2. I love the feeling after a gigantic sneeze. The relief is awesome.
3. I'm secretly in love with "The Dog Whisperer!"-ok, just intrigued by him!
Ok-Now the tagging part. We'll see who really reads this stuff:
Kristen, Annie, Marnie, Nicole, and Shelley (sorry if you've already done it. I can't remember right now who has or has not.)