Monday, July 28, 2008

A Little Look Around....

So the other day, we were outside doing some yard work at the house i rent. Including weed wacking....mowing the lawn....spraying the weeds.....re-planting some things....etc.etc. Well, I went to move the garbage can, so i could spray around it....and I found THIS! The tarantula must have been squished when I moved the can cause his stomach-gooey contents were squished out of him, and his legs still twitching a little. I HATE THESE CREATURES! Talk about heeby-geebies! To think of all the times I've walked out there in the dark with no shoes. Yuck!


So, then we moved to the front porch....where spiders started taking over the corners with webs and such...so after we started spraying, we found two additional wasp nests that were starting (forgot to picture those) and those are on top of the one the landlord already knocked down....and then I took a step out, and found this next right about the entrance. I loved it, though the more I stared at it, the more I swore that mother bird was gonna swoop down and polk my eyes out. The last two days I've seen 2 baby birds up there. So neat.

Another pic, just for fun. So.....lesson learned. One must take a closer look around their home. All sorts of things are awaiting...

9 comments:

Annie and the Boys... said...

how creepy and cute all rolled up into one! it was awesome to see cym!! I miss that little (now big) guy! you look great! talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

I hate spiders. It is totally the time of year for them to come out. Cam found some black widows in our backyard in our plants! Lovely huh. We still need to get together with you guys. Sure love ya.

Bri

Tina Upson said...

You two look so cutsie!! Sorry I missed the game the other day someone had to tend to the buzzkills!!!

Sarah Pace said...

I hate those things to! Matt found one at work the other day and he brought it HOME!!!! I asked him why, and he wanted to just keep it. Luckily the thing died the next day!!

The Frandsens said...

Yeah, thats pretty disgusting....but I do like birds.

Mary Ann said...

hey it's maryann (palmer) layton...it is so fun to see your blog. you are still as adorable as ever!! we have found 4 tarantulas at our house this summer, so i can simpathize with you!! gross!! it is so fun to see what you have been up to!

Chunky Monkey said...

That is soooo gross!I am coming to Tucson on Wed. night.I will be going home around 10-11.I don't have your number so you better call me!!!I miss you girl!

Brandy Young said...

I guess I am in the minority here...tarantulas are so cool! They don't bother me so much because they are big and you can see them! LOL! It's the small stuff that creeps around and you don't know it is there until its crawling on you that I hate!
That's cool you have baby birds at your house! We had some earlier this summer right on our back porch! You could sit on the couch and see them! The kids loved it!

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Hey Skeezie! What's up?? I don't remember if I've commented on your blog before, but I've had your link on our blog for a while now. It is so fun to see how you are doing! You remember us, right? Ryan and Chelsea Walker from EA? Hope you are doing great!!