Thursday, September 4, 2008

Camping in Luna!

It has been awhile since I put up any pictures. Not much going on. Over Labor day, Eric and I headed up to Luna to attend my many year standing family reunion. I think I have only been one time since 2000, and it was especially sad without mom there. Dad hadn't been there in so many years, the difference was mom. Not to mention the camping has changed. I remember when there were mostly tents....and everyone stayed together. Now there are very few tents....and lots of trailers, motorhomes, and toy haulers. Fun times no matter what. Probably 50 quads, a few Rhino's, a 1940's completely restored army jeep, 1 motorcycle, a couple Zip lines, a tire swing, and all the water and rain a kid would want to play in! I don't know what it is about water and catching crawdads (sp?)
Anyway, this is a pic of Eric's and my camp, with his Bike and a friend's quad we borrowed for fun!


Did I mention there was one outhouse for a lot of us to share? Ha! Good times!

Every time I looked at this part of camp...it just made me smile! I Love my cousins the gibbons'. They have an awesomely large fun family, and take up an entire end of the meadow. I think they were the first family to ever bring a trailer to the reunion....and now look how they've grown. :)

This is my way awesome cousin Jay-boy! He is a reason this reunion is so....fun. He lives for the company of family every year....and makes us all laugh histarically. Love ya Jay!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Thank you for the pics Skeez. I really miss our reunions. I haven't been in about 8 years, I think.

Michael said...

I wish I could have come as well. I am glad you guys had a great time!

Kerrie said...

Hey- I love Jay too! He's so funny! Had no idea you were related. That's awesome. How fun to go "camping" -(trailers-what?). I would totally do it that way after our experience! :)