Sunday, November 30, 2008

More of Cabo: and Thanksgiving

Here is the awesome sunset on our last night....on the walk to our suprise picnic.

A couple walking by offered to take our photo....this is minutes after the big Question.
We went on a dinner cruise Thursday night. Although once again it was completely Over-priced---The band was awesome....the food was fantastik....and the sunset/view was killer. Ended up being one of my favorite parts of the trip.

Here is the main attraction in Cabo. "The Arch." Where the Sea of Cortez meets the pacific ocean. Plus a whole lot of awful smelling sea lions. It was cool tho.

Hard to believe, this was actually Eric's first time in the ocean....This is us before we burned ourselves on the trip.
Thanks to everyone for the supportive comments and excitement for our big news. We will tell more as we know more. RIght now just concentrating on the move to Boise. Eric was supposed to leave yesterday, however there are some issues with the office he is moving into. Some kinks have yet to work themselves out. So, he is here for a few more days. Good for me! He is busy moving his stuff and building a dog house for his Drake! His pit-bull Border Collie mix who will take residence here with me til I move. Good dog. Nervous around other animals I think, and my dogs are not sure/terrified of the giant. Good times.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Thanksgiving was awesome. We spent the day hanging out with Marnie....then ate dinner at her in-laws with all my family except Scott and Julianne. They were not able to make the trek to Sierra Vista. We missed them, but had a wonderful dinner. After long conversations that day, it sure made me thankful for my family and parents and the awesome support and love they continuously showed not only us, their own family, but EVERYONE and ANYONE who knew them. It gets especially hard on the holidays to be reminded of every tradition ever known to me is no longer fully there...and our hearts long for our parents. Still....we know they are in a better place, helping us from the other side!





6 comments:

The Frandsens said...

Well I didn't comment on the last one, so... congratulations! We are so excited for you! I wish I could meet the fiance, but maybe when you are a little closer in Boise we can work something out. congrats again!

Chelle said...

First of I, I love that you were wearing orange when Eric proposed. I know you didn't plan it or anything, just that I love you in orange!
Your trip sounds amazing! I am more than jealous about it. What do you mean "his first time in the ocean"?
Alright, we need to catch up sometime.
Love ya!

Annie and the Boys... said...

love you skeez, congrats on the wedding plans and good luck with the move! don't forget your pretty prom dress with the puff sleeves! i know you'll be amazing were ever you roam!

The Lamb's said...

I want to call you ahhhh!!! I am soooo excited Skeez! That is wonderfully wonderful. Pretend I'm right there giving you a double high-five, hug, jump up and down, screaming yahoo! That is seriously great. I can't wait to meet him. Is Boise closer than Tucson?

mwalker said...

Congratulations! You guys look like a good fit. Why Boise? You should come a little north and see the REAL beautiful country. We'd love to have you guys if you're thinking about a weekend trip?!

Jenna said...

Hey its Jenna- I saw your name on Jill's blog. I havent seen you since highschool I dont think!!! Well congrats on the engagement and everything else going on right now- which seems like a lot :)