Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Half Marathon---Everyone Runs!

SO......Somewhere about 11 weeks ago....I got the crazy hair to try to run a half marathon again! TMC was sponsoring the event.....so I decided to do it. Ya. Of course the weekly runs were no fun, and I kept asking myself "why?" Well, last Sunday came and went and I ran......after a week of not feeling well, going out of town, missing runs, I thought I was in big trouble. However, I made it! It's not pretty....as you see, but I made it!!!
I ran a half in Dec 2006....wait, 05 maybe....can't remember. I finished it in 2:21, so this race I shaved off 10 minutes. Which, for me is awesome! I think I wanna do it again. then maybe again.

About 3 miles in....I kinda hooked myself onto these two older ladies who seemed to have a good pace. I kept up for maybe.....4-5 miles, and then had to drop back a bit. The first race I ran with my friend Nikki and her husband Kenny. So the time went fast....and they pushed me. This time it was all me.....Me and the IPOD! Could NOT have made it without it. Good times.
The first picture I swear is me taking the biggest breath of relief. The last mile was horrible! My shoulders felt like bricks I was so tense, and blisters were appearing on my toes. I think the bottom one was the last 3 miles stretch....just begging my mind to keep going.
It was awesome! I'm def doing that again!




13 comments:

Tina Upson said...

You are so cute!! Way to go!!!

Sarah Pace said...

Good for you!!
I don't know if I would even atempt that!!

Robin said...

Congratulations! That takes a strong mind to complete something like that.

Thueson Family :) said...

WAY TO GO!!! I'm proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

Your amazing! I would love to run one with you! I would need more than a few weeks notice though! (Give me a year :)

Steven and Jodi said...

Wow, that's impressive! Way to go on the marathon! Hey by the way, we did find a new home for our new dog. I wondered if anyone would notice! He was nuts and I think our old-men dogs were glad to see him go! :)

Tina Upson said...

so........you ready to go?? I really want to know how the job interviews went!!!

Jen and Jay said...

Way to go!!! That is so awesome! Your a stud!

Kates said...

What a woman! You are amazing! I am going to do a 10k in a couple of months and I don't know if I can make it! You are great!

Abbey said...

You always were way better at the whole running thing than anyone else! I've thought about running a 1/2 and then decided maybe next year. Hey I gather that you're moving to Idaho, if you're ever up here in the valley it'd be fun to see you before you move!

The Frandsens said...

Wow way to go Alisha! I am so impressed! I had that same idea awhile ago. Then didn't do anything about it. Hmmmm.....

The Lamb's said...

Way to go dude! I'm so proud of you. You look hot too - that's what's important right? I'm coming down there Jan 31st to run one in Queen Creek - you should come run it with me!!!
-N

Anonymous said...

I love it! I want to run a half. Way to go girl. I admire you!