Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Remembering Grandma Karen....

It is super hard to believe that is has been 3 years since my mom passed away. Three years today. How quickly and how slowly time goes by. I miss her lots! Especially that contagious laugh.
For those of you who knew her....you know her laugh....and you also know she was known by "grandma karen."

I'm not sure she ever like my hair styling....but I did get to style her hair often. Not much you can do with that short of hair. I'll never forget the time we had together, caring for her the last few months of her life. What a fighter. Her strength is admirable.


This picture was taken the day I went through the temple....the last day my mom went through the temple. She was happy to be there....and had many friends and family there for support, but this day was extremely tiring and difficult for her to endure. I'll never forget her never ending selflessness.


Nobody can inspire and motivate their children like a mother. I often find myself wondering what she would tell me about my life right now.
Love and Miss you more than words mom!

7 comments:

Annie and the Boys... said...

We love and miss you grandma Karen!

Anonymous said...

what an awesome tribute to your mom! Your are/were a good daughter to her! I love that you were there w/ her in the end. hope your doing good!

The Frandsens said...

What a great daughter you are! I'm sure she would be very proud.

When are you coming to visit??

Anonymous said...

I miss and think of Aunt Karen so often. There is a lady in our ward right now that reminds me a little of her, she's even the chorister. But I so miss that laugh. No one else laughed like that, or so freely!! I always loved to hear it!!
I truly admired her faith and her testimony. But I loved that she was as human and full of fault as the rest of us.
And I'm so happy that one day I will get to hug and kiss her again. She was, and still is, absolutely wonderful!!!

Mamma Martin said...

Skeezie--I hope you don't think I am intruding--I guess that is what blogs are for--I saw yours on Katie's blog so I checked it out--I shed tears over the pictures of your wonderful parents and you girls--it was good to get an update--love to you all!!
Tonna Martin

Anonymous said...

I never met your parents. But you are so wonderful. I can only imagine how great of people both your parents are. I wish that you could have them at your fingertips. I sure love you girlie!

The Wiltbank Bunch said...

Wow! I never got to know your mom, but have heard lots about her! What an angel! I am sure she is so proud of you and all you have accomplished!!!