Sunday, April 5, 2009

Life after I do....

I keep hearing, "how's married life?" so I thought I'd post a small update. How is married life? Awesome! It is awesome being able to see him every day...and not have to worry about when I can see him, or when he has to leave, or when.....whatever. It's nice just knowing we can relax. We have had some fun in rearranging things to get him settled into 'our' place and organizing our closet....and starting to fix the front yard....and me learning how to make food for both of us. I think it still floors me how much food them males can eat. And he is wonderfully patient with my complete incompetence in the kitchen. I do remember my mom often calling me into the kitchen at home, attempting to teach me a thing or two....but I definitely was not interested at that time....nor for many years after. Boy am I feeling the after pains of that dumb-ness.

Whitecap Dental Studio is doing fairly well. Actually really well. I just hesitate in saying so for fear of my bad luck and jinxing it. They are growing with each month and I think working into a sort of system that works for them. There is still a lot to learn and do, but they are working it out. At least, that is how it appears.

The intensive care unit (my job) is going better. It is still pretty crazy. I fear everyday that I will make some small minute mistake or miss a small subtle change in someone, which will backfire and harm them in some way...but I am learning that feeling is just the nature of the beast. I am becoming a tiny bit more comfortable with the extra equipment and interpretation, etc. I guess maybe by the end of the month I may be out on my own to find my own comfort zone. Can't wait.

I did send out thank you cards to some....but if I missed anyone, THANK YOU!!!! and for those of you who have wished us happy thoughts, and left message, I thank you all so much for your support and friendship. Things are going great and I'm excited for what's ahead.

PS- It's true. When you're not married, the question is, "when ya gonna get married." Then you get married and it's, "when you gonna have kids." Answer: Not yet. Maybe in a year we'll start toying with the idea. FYI-incase anyone else is curious. :)

4 comments:

Chelle said...

The cooking for two had me laughing! Just don't let him convince you that he needs horse sized portions or he will turn into what my husband is! I am partially to blame for my husband being huge and I wish I could change it but if I make a reasonable amount of food he complains that I am starving him! I just can't win!
I am glad to hear things are going well! I can't wait to see you next week :)

grandmadebbie said...

so happy for the both of you. sure love you and iam glad that you finally did it. Come see me in Logan

RichardandLinda said...

Hi to you both! We miss you guys. We need to get together. I finally saw your pics online. They are SOOOO beautiful! I'm still so happy for you! Hope to see you soon! Have a good time in UT.

Annie and the Boys... said...

Congrats my sweet Skeez on your big day! You looked breath taking! glad to see you are so happy in your little family you have created, i know that you will get your happily ever after!
ps. my phone bit the dust, liturally and figurativly, so i have to start my contact list from the beginging again. so drop me a line so i can have you back again!