Thursday, January 8, 2009

Made it to Idaho!

After a very lengthy drive last saturday, Eric, me and three dogs left at 645 am...and made it to Boise, Meridian to be exact around 1130 pm. It was bitter sweet to get here. It made the move real but put an end to the cramped ride! Thank goodness!



We have spent many hours un-packing and attempting to put things away. My rental house here is twice as big as my tucson rental, so I'm still figuring out where to put things. Poor Eric is been stretched in two directions. Unpacking and organizing here....as well as putting his lab together. After many weeks of kicking and screaming (not really) He and Sean's lab is almost at functioning capacity. How exciting that is! I think both of them have reached their stress limit as their goal and plans have been postponed by a month and a half. I'm completely excited to watch them take off in their business adventure!

So far I really like it here. There has been snow, ice, slush, and low temperatures, but there are some aspects that remind me of home. Of course its bigger, but somewhat the same. I start work Monday, found a gym, and started making this house comfy for me. Things are rolling along and the people here have been very friendly. My neighbors came over the first day and even shoveled snow one day. The landlords of my house are this real young couple who own three houses in the area.

I don't have many pics, but I'll post when I transfer them. The other great part is watching my dogs jump through the snow like little rabbits! They seem to love it and are adjusting to this strange place. I miss my family...or at least the idea of my family being close by, but all will be fine. Here's to a new start and exciting adventures! Don't have any further wedding plans yet. Sorry:(

3 comments:

Audrey said...

So you are in Idaho now. That is cool do you like it? When are you going to be in Eagar again? We need to go eat or get together sometime.

Audrey

Anonymous said...

What a long drive. I am glad you made it there in one piece. Good luck with your new job! Sure miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I'm glad you made it. I love Idaho, and miss it tons! So when are you getting married lady? Are you coming home this summer for the reunion? Hope your doing good.